The Executive Search Database of MPS Enterprises
Description of file pursuant to sections 10 and 24 of the Personal Data Act (523/1999).
MPS Enterprises Ltd
Business ID: 0201148-3
Paciuksenkatu 27, 00270 Helsinki
+358 (0)20 7469 400
2. Matters concerning the data file
Our customer service will respond to questions and feedback concerning the data file within two working days. Please contact us at email@example.com
3. Name of the file
The Executive Search Database of MPS Enterprises
4. Purpose of processing personal data
The personal data stored in the database is processed for the executive search assignments of MPS Enterprises Ltd.
The purpose of processing personal data is to carry out the contracts and assignments between executive search clients and MPS Enterprises Ltd. Personal data is also processed in order to store for future assignments the personal data candidates have consented to provide for this purpose.
The collection of personal data is based on the candidate’s consent (open applications or applications for a specific job opening) or on legitimate interests. The business operations of companies carrying out executive searches are based on finding suitable candidates on the market and introducing them to clients, i.e. parties that have a job opening that needs to be filled and who are interested in hiring a person who meets the criteria for being successful at the job. Executive search companies consider that, due to the nature of their business operations, they have a legitimate interest to process personal data based on the meaningful and appropriate relationship between candidates and executive search companies.
5. Data content of the file
The data file contains data the data subjects have consented to providing as well as data collected from public or obtainable sources in order to carry out a specific executive search assignment (legitimate interest).
The data file may contain personal data as per the following groupings:
• name, date of birth, telephone number, email address, mailing address
• information related to employment history and educational background
• information related to professional interests and employment wishes
• the data subject’s CV and potentially an application or a cover letter
• other data necessary for the purpose of the data file
• data related to the process of the assignment, such as log data about communications and meetings
The data concerning the data subject is stored for two years from the date the application was submitted or the data subject consented to the storing of the data.
6. Regular data sources of the file
• The data the data subject has consented to providing, such as CV or open application as well as information about employment history and placement wishes communicated orally during phone calls, meetings and online discussions.
• Data necessary for carrying out a specific executive search that was collected from public sources based on legitimate interest. The public sources used by us include public websites as well as databases and services protected with access rights that contain data on candidates, companies and industries.
7. Regular disclosure of data
The data provided by the data subject themselves in connection with a specific executive search are disclosed also to the executive search client (employer). In connection with the disclosure, the client also becomes a controller for the data.
The controller discloses data to third-party subcontractors. The data subject consents to this when providing the data. The data is not disclosed outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
The data is not disclosed to outsiders or used for other assignments without the consent of the data subject unless the disclosure of data is based on statutory obligations or government regulations.
8. Principles of file protection
Personal data is kept confidential. Only the employees whose work gives them the right to process candidate data have access to the system where the personal data is stored. Each user has their own username and password for the system.
The data is collected in databases that are protected with firewalls, passwords and other technical measures. The databases and their backup copies are kept in a locked space, and the data can only be accessed by specific previously appointed persons. Personal data will be stored as long as it is necessary for the purposes of the personal data.
9. Right to access and erasure
The data subject has a statutory right to access the data concerning them that has been stored in the personal data file. The request for access (incl. the request for erasure) must be signed and submitted in writing to the address of the controller provided above. Processing one request for access per year is free for the data subject.
10. Right to rectification
The data subject also has the right to request rectification of inaccurate data in the data file. The request for rectification of data must include a specification of the data to be rectified as well as the new rectified data. The request for rectification must be signed and submitted in writing to the address of the controller provided above.
11. Modifications to the description of file
We are continuously improving and developing our services and websites, which means that the descriptions of file may occasionally be modified. We will publish the updated description of file on our website and record the date it was updated on it. Please read the description of file every now and then to receive up-to-date information about potential changes.