[Industrial Design] Senior Consultant
Location: Shanghai / Reference Number: 3410
Email for application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Senior Consultant – Design Research
Report to: Principal – Research
- Land logistics development.
- Lead global project activities, maintain client relationships throughout project delivery, help identify and resolve potential issues, participate on project planning, fieldwork, data analysis, reporting and presentations as appropriate.
- Collaborate with enterprise’s new business team and other team members to build long lasting client relationships and frame proposals to win new clients. This also includes understanding the market and competition and appropriately applying and innovating methods.
Work closely with Directors and Principals to develop, present and sell a compelling Human Sciences and Research service offering as a key point of differentiation to our clients.
- Graduate-level qualifications in design research, anthropology, psychology, human factors, cultural studies or a related human/social sciences discipline.
- Full working proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- With commercial experience, including internal or external consulting, planning and leading of large, multi-sited/national user/consumer research projects, and application and translation of consumer insights into business strategy or the design direction of products and services.
- Have knowledge in many of the following areas and the ability to help contribute the strategy and direction for the Design Research/Human Sciences offering in conjunction with company’s other core services:
- Ethnographic techniques,
- Contextual research Co-creation workshop design & facilitation techniques
- Journey mapping
- Persona development
- Insight development
- Human Factors/Ergonomics
- Usability evaluation
- Good written and oral communication skills. Information and visual design capabilities a definite plus. Track record of presenting complex information in a variety of formats, customised to the needs and expectations of particular audiences.
- Solid theoretical and practical grounding in qualitative research techniques required and proven ability to read the literature and apply it to a commercial setting.
- The ability to build strong client relationships.
- Real enthusiasm for design innovation and working closely with designers and engineers.