[Chemical] Technical Support Manager
Location: Shanghai / Reference Number: 3421
Email for application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Technical Support Manager
Report to: GM
- Supply strategy contribution.
- Contribute to long term supply strategy and plans from technical perspective.
- Supplier technical support.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and potential suppliers in co-operation with supply managers.
- Analyse suppliers processes and product quality – and support suppliers in solving technical issues in their production process or logistics chain.
- Support suppliers to complete the supplier approval process smoothly.
- Feedstock quality evaluation and improvement.
- Evaluate the feedstock qualities, and convert the technical data to recommended solutions
- As a member of the Asian supply development projects, take the lead on the work related to product quality related questions in China.
- Manage projects related to products quality, and actively involve the internal stakeholders in the work to ensure alignment and best possible utilization of the in-house expertise.
- Testing processing.
- Lead quality testing process in China, including verification and selection of lab/testing 3rd party providers.
- Team management.
- Lead, manage, coach Technical Support team in China entity and participate hiring process
- Report and monitor team’s performance by leadership and management tools so that the targets could be achieved.
- Masters’s / Bachelor’s degree in engineering, chemistry or related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ proven experience within biofuel feedstock or other relevant industry.
- Commercial mindset with strong technical and operational background.
- Knowledge of biofuels/feedstock products as well as legislation and regulations in China.
- Proven track record in converting the technical analysis to solutions and concrete action plans.
- Experience on project management, working efficiently remotely across functions and delivering results in complex projects.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- MNC experience preferred.
- Fluent Mandarin & English.