Our client is the worldwide source for the design and manufacturing of combustion and environmental solutions for the refining, petrochemical, production, power and pharmaceutical industries.
Position: Procurement Manager
Report to: GM
The Procurement Manager for the Our client Shanghai office will be responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling the strategic activities and personnel surrounding the acquisition of materials and services for all procurement spending.
- Manage all purchasing and sourcing activities of our client China business, including capital investment and project procurement.
- Achieve results as per Annual Operating Plan
- Negotiate with all suppliers to obtain best possible value for the company
- Develop alternate suppliers and risk mitigation strategies
- Perform Supplier Assessments (Scorecards) are performed for new and existing suppliers
- Optimize taxation to minimize total cost of ownership
- Ensure On Time Performance throughout Supply Chain
- Negotiate best payment terms (more than 90 days) to improve cash flow models
- Drive key initiatives with the supply base – such as Lean, Six Sigma, PFEP.
- Develop and maintain reports that enhance communication of key metrics and status
- Collaborate with Business Leads in Commodity Management meetings
- Develop and maintain Procurement department procedures, quality systems, and records as required to maintain ISO certification
- Perform managerial activities for staff of procurement professionals that includes Commodity Leads, Procurement Specialists and Expediting & Logistics.
- Ensure Procurement involvement early in the stage of the engineering process and assist with Project Planning
- Provide proposal support for cost estimation as required by sales operations
- Revision of processes to suit current situations to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure 100% strict compliance on purchase processes, systems, formats in line with sourcing policies, procedures and quality documents.
- Discussion with internal and external audit teams during audit and review along with senior management for better regulation of the policies and practices
Bachelors Degree – preferred majors: Business, Supply Chain or Chemical Engineering
Excellent bilingual skills (written and spoken) in both English and Mandarin
- 10+ years of experience with all aspects of materials management, including supply chain analysis, negotiating and managing supplier relationships, and contract preparations, preferring to Refining and Petrochemical industry。
- 8+ years of demonstrated commodity/supply-chain experience in Procurement
- Technical understanding of equipment fabrication
- Solid understanding of Commercial Terms & Conditions and how they affect project execution
- Experience formulating and implementing material replenishment and sourcing strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Project Management experience
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma and Digital Works tools within the Supply base
- Proficient in the use of the One Source tools
- Six Sigma certification
- Professional Supply Chain certification (CPSM, CPM, CPIM, etc.)
- SAP experience