Contract Manufacturing Manager
Our client is a global supplier of chemical specialty products, manufacturing over 1,300 items and developing specialized formulas to meet the unique needs of the Automotive, Marine, Heavy Truck, Hardware, Electrical, Industrial and Aviation markets.
Position: Contract Manufacturing Manager
Report to: Managing Director, China (Direct)
- Directs and coordinates all quality procedures and regulatory standards for all products sourced for China business including regularly auditing and managing of local contract manufacturing and transportation to third party logistics providers.
- Maintains a manufacturing production execution plan for the contract manufacturers which also may include relabeling of imported goods.
- Develops & implements best in class service standards across a multi facility contract manufacturing network.
- Coordinates activities and deliveries between raw material and packaging suppliers to the contract manufacturers to ensure production execution as per the production plan. Oversees contract manufacturers processes for incoming material deployments and ensures schedules are maintained and adhered to.
- Ensures production yields are met at all contract manufacturers facilities.
- Proactively identifies and executes corrective actions for contract manufacturing service interruptions to prevent a stock out situation.
- Responsible to control total costs and suggest methods to reduce costs and improve productivity and quality within the contract manufacturers working closely with regional and global R&D, Operations, Supply Chain and Quality employees.
- Works closely with the China and USA business teams and functional colleagues globally to introduce new products locally as well as to share/leverage best practices driving continuous improvement.
- Defines best sourcing alternatives and make recommendations for production of new products, or changes to existing products, estimate production cost, and develop launch schedule. Includes leading the sourcing and validation of new local Contract Manufacturers in partnership with regional and global R&D, Operations, Supply Chain and Quality employees.
- Develops and implements local operational and quality work procedures and instructions for employees as appropriate as well as for third party manufacturers, logistic and warehouse providers.
- Creates and maintains Operational and Quality metrics for each contract manufacturer to determine and improve process capabilities, capacities and continuous improvement including regular reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Lead continuous improvement projects and activities as required. Utilizes regularly TPM, TQM and Lean-Six Sigma principles and tools
- Foster use of ERP to manage our business.
- Professional degree
- Lean Six Sigma, MRP II, ERP
- APICS (or similar) training a plus
- ASQ and ISO 9001 training a plus
- 7-12 years’ experience in Operations, Contract Manufacturing and Quality management.
- Sourcing and logistics management experience a plus.
- ERP experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in an ISO 9001 certified facility preferred. Knowledge with similar quality management systems such as SQF level 2 or 3 ideal.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated use of Continuous Improvement, TQM and/or Lean tools including six sigma, value stream mapping, root cause / corrective action, Kaizen events and Kanban and value stream mapping of work flows.
- Proficient in spreadsheet, database and presentation programs including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Access.
- Strong leadership, coaching, and organizational development skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Proven team player, able to work collaboratively at all levels and builds partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing effectively with all regulatory agencies and local/global officials as required.
- Excellent organizational, planning, influence, presentation and follow-up skills including a "can do" attitude, and a high sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated and must be persuasive in presenting ideas and managing their implementation.
- Exemplary problem-solving skills.
- Ability to resolve issues with internal/external customers.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis of data.