Professional Service_BD Manager
Location: Shenzhen, China / Reference Number: 3264
The company specialises in intellectual property rights and legal services. It is one of Europe’s leading and oldest companies in the IP industry. The company helps its clients to develop a value-adding competitive edge from patents, utility models, design rights, trademarks, domain names and contracts.
Position: BD Manager
Location: Shenzhen, China
Reporting to: CEO
The purpose of company China is 1) to create and act as the best platform for Chinese IPR services companies (partners) for helping their clients to enter to the European Market and 2) to establish easy and fast way to clients (companies) to utilize their IPR in Europe.
Objectives for the company China team are:
- To understand IPR market in China and to create competitive offers to partner network as well as for direct clients.
- To build partner network that will enable company to achieve the #1 position in EPO and EUIPO filings from China.
- To build business relationship with direct clients for helping them to utilize their IPR in Europe.
- To provide services and business development activities with company Partner network.
- To increase company brand awareness among potential partners and clients.
- To provide first-hand information on China market to company.
BD Manager China drives the expansion of compqny Partner network in China and the sales of company services to Partner network.
- Map the business opportunity by analyzing potential B2B partners to company in selected Cities.
- Develop and manage business development activities with selected B2B partners.
- Create sales plans with potential B2B partners and drive the implementation.
- Develop solutions to B2B partners for selling company IPR services.
- Provide market insight to company Sales and Marketing team.
- Actively drive adoption of relevant external innovations.
- Work closely with:
- Company China Desk
- Company Sales and Marketing
- Company China team (selected attorneys who work with cases related to Chinese clients)
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
Good English skills, both written and spoken. Native mandarin.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience of business development, solution selling and establishing B2B network.
- Strong sales skills with ability to create profitable business.
- Ability to structure and manage high level of complexity independently.
- Networking skills ensuring working effectively with others, building productive, collaborative relationships across various entities in company and industry.
- A good influencer and negotiator.
- Good business understanding and capability to analyze the overall business environment.
- Understanding of IPR / Legal services Industry.
- Good understanding of Professional Services business models and Internet services business.
- Ability to challenge existing perspectives and status quo.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English.