[Logisitics Automation] Software Project Leader
Location: Shanghai / Reference Number: 2044
Email for application:firstname.lastname@example.org
Goal and Purpose of Position
- The primary functions of SW Project Leader is to lead multiple efforts such as to provide technical leadership, working with the SW technical team to integrate new technologies, gathering customer requirements for the system development, manage a team of software engineers and continue look out for opportunities to reduce technical risk.
- Be hands on determining customer system architecture and design, provide mentoring for software engineers, ensure proper documentation is complete, continue movement to Agile thinking.
- He/ She will plan, manage and monitor projects across all phases of the project life cycle including setting deadlines, tracking of timeline, assigning responsibilities and summarize progress of the project within scope and project hours.
- He/ She will ensure adherence to all the relevant SW standards (Consumer Goods Logistics Automation Process and The Library) and will act to improve the project benefit.
- Manage the team’s performance and the delivery quality.
- Provide technical and domain consultancy to others project leader.
- Work closely with SW Project Manager to devise design and development methodologies in line with the company.
- Work closely with SW Project Manager to reduce technical debts.
- Manage project issues, risks and opportunities.
- Monitor, track and communicate project status to SW Project Manager.
- Develop project test plan and test cases.
- Solve problems that interfere with the project status.
- Ensure changes are managed properly throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support project team members on technical issues.
- Provide consultation to clients on issues related to project matter.
- Decision making during the unavailability of SW Project Manager.
- Travel oversea to clients and local country based offices.
- Work outside of regular office hours where necessary
- Be open to changes and readily adapt to changing circumstances, new requirements or unexpected issues.
Technical knowledge & planning
- Participate in project requirement gathering.
- Identify gaps and propose technical solution to meet requirement specification.
- Participation in the design, development, testing & Integration, deploying server and UI Screens using Java framework.
- Participate in Code review.
- Apply agile project management methodology.
- Successful delivery of project that meet contractual obligations and requirement.
- Control costs to ensure projects are kept within budget, stipulated timescale whilst meeting the agreed scope without neglecting quality.
- Define and execute project plans, provide project reports and deliver work to agreed priorities, standards and dateline.
- Produce and maintain sufficient project documentation.
- Participate in commissioning and testing of the WMS at various sites.
- Drive the team to comply with the software department strategy in meeting KPIs.
- Good understanding of the customers operational working practices.
- Communicate effectively with team members, peers, management and stakeholders from all levels
- Communicate effectively with customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Establish effective working relationships across teams, departments and business units.
- Support cross department collaboration tasks and activities.
Professional Expertise & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent. Additional certification is project management is an added advantage.
- At least 8 years of Java/JEE development experience, hands-on troubleshooting and deployment experience
- Working Experience with Java, JEE, Java Script, EJB 3.0, JUnit, Jenkins CI, JSF, JPA, JSON/XML/SOAP, SQL, Maven.
- Working knowledge and experience in Warehousing is a must.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Ability to lead and mentor team members and software project leads.
- Good leadership skills with strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with individuals from different levels and cultures.
- Must be willing to travel and work overseas for long duration.
- Able to adhere to priorities and meet tight dateline.