Industrial Automation & Engineering_Product Manager
Location: Suzhou / Reference Number: 3294a
Our client is specialised in the development and manufacture of pump solutions for marine, industry, oil spill combating, defence & fuel and utility both locally and globally.
Position: Product Manager
- Promote insights and thoughts to products committee by collecting market intelligence, products demand reflected by market trends,
- Updating product strategy to align with dynamic market demands by collaboration with internal to extend and optimize product portfolio.
- Management of product ranges and contribution to strategy,
- Participate in Product Committee and provide input regarding life cycle,
- Ensure that company’s capabilities can answer to the development of new products and future improvement of existing products,
- Define global CTO and MTO product program, and assuring sales price and lead time available in QPM & PSP, monitors Phase In and Phase Out of CTO, MTO and ETO,
- Gather and coordinates information regarding possible product improvement between local sales companies and sourcing departments.,
- Contribute to developing new strategy for specific areas when entering new markets or new segments,
- Develop short term and long term product strategy, using the overview / data from the market ETO requirements as input.
- Customer Inquiry and Quote
- Gate Keeper for Major ETO inquiries,
- Decide if ETO fits into our Company product range and scope of supply, and assure updated guidelines and training in what is major, medium and minor ETO changes,
- Responsible in cooperation with relevant Departments to assure that our Company can fulfill / produce the major ETO Inquiry,
- Conducts Cost Benefit Analysis for major ETO Inquiries, and get approval from Product Committee or Segment Manager,
- Responsible for the CTO/MTO pricing and the overall ETO complexity guide.
- Product Development
- Prioritize and drive product development projects with product knowledge,
- SWOT analysis of our products.
- Develop pricing structure.
- Initiate business case for identified development project.
- Product Documentation
- Supervises global strategy for Product Technical Documentation within a particular Sales Segment,
- Ensures that the product documentation is up to date.
- Provide support for development of marketing materials,
- Develop proposals for marketing (folders, presentations, product sheets, etc.),
- Describe: Future Advantage Benefit and Unique Selling Points,
- Business Intelligence
- Contribute to market and competitor monitoring.
Bachelor degree in maritime or mechanical engineering
Native Chinese and good written and verbal English language skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience in fluid technology fields,
- Rich knowledge of the industry or utility market,
- Technical background,
- Good communication and training skills.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant IT tools,
- Business awareness,
- Good relationship and team playe